H808 – My own professional values
I found this quite interesting blog post who raise the question ‘What are your professional values?’ A question that I have to answer now for the course. Well, honestly I haven’t really put much consideration into this question and similar to the author I used to trust gut instinct when it came to professional values and knew or thought I knew what was right or wrong. But I agree with Chrissy Scivicque that we should use our brain and really think about it, because professional values are the foundation of our career.
Here we go 😛
- I show respect to students, their parents, colleagues and institutions we work in cooperation
- treat and assess them fairly
- prepare appropriate lessons and provide quality material
- assess fairly according given criteria, provide timely and qualitative feedback
- attend further education to keep informed about new developments in my field
- respect diverse learners
- practice reflectivity
Ok, I know I do not achieve all of that, it strongly depends on today’s high, but at least I strive to achieve it. I know when I got message that I was accepted for teachers training my first thought was I want to become a good teacher, whatever that involves.