How to find OER
Free open Education for all – a great idea 🙂
OER support this ideas and helps to implement this goal and you never get in conflict with copyright issues.
The #COER13 is designed to examine all aspects surrounding OER and the creation from OER in cooperation with others is given priority.
Fortunately I found some like-minded people who want to design OER for health, nursing, respectively medicine. A good start for the first week. Another definite plus at least for me, is that this course is not as fast paced as other MOOCs I joined in so far. As enthusiastic I am, at around midnight even the best MOOC loses its attraction.
The first week provided an overview about OER, the second weeks topic is how to search and find OER.
Search and find OER
Here an extract from the list of OER introduced by #COER13. You might want to watch the video though it is in German.
There are also Wikisites for recipes, nursing, etc.
- Tibs Tiroler Bildungsservice http://tibs.at/ (Tibs Tirol Educational service) BY NC SA
- Klick dich schlau – Website über Sicherheit im Netz http://www.klickdichschlau.at/ (Smart click Website about Internet safety)
- saferinternet BY NC SA
- ZUM Wiki BY SA
- edutags social tagging, social bookmarking for teachers BY SA
- schulbuch-o-mat Erstes freies Biobuch (First free biologie textbook) BY SA
- L3T BY NC ND – However, that will change soon and the ND (NoDerivs) will be dropped.
- OERcommons Information about OER, where to find them as well as a wiki-database of resources about OER. BY NC SA
- creative commons search BY
- wikieducator BY SA
This list is really impressive and more than I expected. I got to know OER during my MAODE (Master of Online and Distance Education), but either OER increased greatly within a couple of years or I just did not pay enough attention to it. I know less than a quarter of the OER from list introduce by the #coer13.
For those who are not familiar with the Creative Commons licenses might want to take a look the CC site. Here is the link to the English page and here the one to the German version. At the bottom of the page you can choose different languages.
CC BY-SA This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.
CC BY-NC-SA This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.
CC BY-NC-ND This license is the most restrictive of our six main licenses, only allowing others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially.